[alsa-devel] ALSA changes in 2.6.23-rc6 for Intel HDA

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:00:41 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 19:58:00 Jon Smirl wrote:
> The ALSA changes in 2.6.23-rc6 for Intel HDA made me change my volume
> from about 30% to 75% to get the same level of sound. Was this
> intentional?
>
> My ALSA info is here.
> http://pastebin.ca/692226

Hi,

First of all, what kernel do you compare to (which has  louder sound)
Then if you use headphones, maybe you plugged them in 'surround output'
Like center/LFE/side/surround.
Those outputs give much lower levers of sound.
Only Front HP and Line-out have special amp for headphones.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky