[alsa-devel] Unable to bypass alsa plugins and write directly to hw:0, 0

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:35:30 CEST 2007

My sound card supports hardware upsampling i.e. I do not need to use the
software up sampling done by plugins like dmix etc. For testing hw up
sampling, I tried to play an 8K sample rate wav file as follows, but some
how it is being upsampled, I think I am missing something.

# aplay -Dhw:0,0 8k.wav -v

Playing WAVE '8k.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Stereo
Warning: rate is not accurate (requested = 8000Hz, got = 44100Hz)
         please, try the plug plugin
Hardware PCM card 0 'OMAP850 EAC' device 0 subdevice 0
Its setup is:
  stream       : PLAYBACK
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE