[alsa-devel] Lenovo 3000 N100 Laptop quirk

Chris Pemberton cjpembo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 08:06:25 CEST 2007

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Thu, 06 Sep 2007 22:09:37 -0500,
> Chris Pemberton wrote:
>
>> To enable sound on a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop...
>>
>> In patch_realtek.c (near line # 10882):
>>
>> Change:
>>
>> SND_PCI_QUIRK(0x17aa, 0x2066, "Lenovo", ALC861VD_LENOVO),
>>
>> to:
>>
>> SND_PCI_QUIRK(0x17aa, 0x2066, "Lenovo 3000 N100", ALC861VD_3ST),
>>

> Hm, that's bad.  ALC861VD_LENOVO is exactly for your laptop model, so
> it has to be fixed.
>
> What is exactly a problem?  Could you figure out which codec setting
> may trigger the problem by comparing codec#* file between these
> models?
>
> And, above all, which ALSA version are you using and how did you test
> it?  The latest version, and the output from both HP and spekaer?
>

> thanks,
>
> Takashi

I used the most resent alsa-driver snapshot, but I did the modification
I detailed above.  This has been my method of getting alsa to work for a
few months now.

My ALSA information, based on yesterday's snapshot and my modification,
is located at http://pastebin.ca/686568

I will get those codecs that you are asking for this weekend:  one with
my modification and the other with whatever the latest snapshot has by
default.

Let me know what else you need.

Thanks,

Chris