[alsa-devel] alsaplayer configure says Build alsa 0.9.x output plugin: no

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 02:09:23 CEST 2007

On 09/08/2007 01:45 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> At Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:58:11 -0500,
> Timur Tabi wrote:

>> What do I need to have to get alsaplayer to build ALSA output support?
>
> Works for me.  Better to ask alsaplayer maintainer?

Should we sent a (friendly) request to the revived alsaplayer folk to maybe
consider a name change? AlsaPlayer these days doesn't have anything more to
do with ALSA than any other Linux media player does it seems but its name is
confusing people into thinking that "alsaplayer" is the standard player for
ALSA or something -- I've experienced that a number of times now.

Not that I care deeply myself or anything, but to help newbies...

Rene.