[alsa-devel] ALSA lib troubles with xine

Markus Korber korbse at gmx.at
Mon Sep 3 10:12:52 CEST 2007

Thus spake Markus Korber:

> I've got problems using ALSA (hg) and xine-lib (1.1.7).  I'm trying to
> use fbxine for playback but ALSA debug logging gives me:
> [...]
> So buffer and period sizes seem to be wrong and therefore I get no
> sound.  (audio_alsa_out logging from [1].)  Next I've tried to run
> speaker-test and the ouptut look good:

Sorry for the wrong information (Must have taken an older version of
libasound).  I've recompiled alsa-lib 1.0.15rc1 and alsa-utils 1.0.15rc1
and now speaker-test also fails:

,----
| [root@(none) ~]# speaker-test
|
| speaker-test 1.0.15rc1
|
| Playback device is default
| Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
| Using 16 octaves of pink noise
| Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
| Buffer size range from 4096 to 1073748296
| Period size range from 0 to 0
| Using max buffer size 1073748296
| Periods = 4
| was set period_size = 0
| was set buffer_size = 4096
| Unable to set sw params for playback: Invalid argument
| Setting of swparams failed: Invalid argument
`----

Next I'll try to compile alsa-lib with '-O1' instead of '-Os' and then
I'll revert back to 1.0.14a and give that version a try.

lg,
Markus Korber