[alsa-devel] ALSA 1.0.15rc1

Jaroslav Kysela perex at suse.cz
Sat Sep 1 10:07:35 CEST 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 the mental interface of
> Elimar Riesebieter told:
>
> [...]
> > Is there a tool to extract the text similar formatted as the old
> > "v1-0-14rc4--v1-0-14.txt"? Isn't it usual to package a changelog to
> > the sources?
>
> Well using lynx (print to file) and some vim actions are doing the
> trick, But anyway, shouldn't it be included in sources?

It's probably better to extract the wiki source text from <textarea> tag
when you download the edit page (only html entities like &lt; etc. should
be converted back to text):

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php?title=Changes_v1.0.14_v1.0.15rc1&action=edit

Actually, I have no plans to add this history to source files. Anyone can
get this information from www or extract it from the HG repository.

						Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at suse.cz>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer