[alsa-devel] Testers Wanted: OPL3 hwdep loader interface

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Oct 29 16:12:56 CET 2007

At Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:51:23 +0100,
Rene Herman wrote:

> On 10/29/2007 10:06 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > At Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:41:40 +0100,
> > Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>
> >> Several instruments aren't played at all, at least those with program
> >> number 40 and up (strings) and 64 and up (saxophones).
> >
> > OK, how about the revised patch below to alsa-tools?
>
> Yes, I believe my OPL3 is back to its good ol' horrible self again with that
> version.

Thanks.  Then I'll commit the changes tomorrow until someone finds
regressions.

> Do you by the way know of other, nicer and/or better patches than the
> supplied std and drums? Couldn't find any, at least not in the correct
> format it seems.

Hm, I don't know of others.  It'd be fun to play with OPL3 parameter
adjustment, though ;)

> [ README ]
>
> > -	sbiload --opl3 std.o3 drums.o3
> > +	% sbiload std.o3 drums.o3
>
> Should the example indeed lose the --opl3?

With the patch in the previous mail, yes, it's needed.
But my latest version that will be committed doesn't need --opl3
option.  You can invoke like

	% sbiload std drums

and the format and the extension will be chosen automatically
according to the hwdep iface type.