[alsa-devel] aplay appication failed to open the alsa device

Tharmarajan G tharma at e-consystems.com
Wed Oct 24 11:49:47 CEST 2007

Hi Clemens,

Thanks for your reply. Still the problem is not solved.

I have downloaded the followings packages from the site
www.alsa-project.org   and built them for arm.

1. alsa-lib-1.0.14

2. alsa-utils-1.0.14

Configuring and Building instructions

pwd

/home/tharma/alsa-packages

cd alsa-lib-1.0.14

./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=$PWD/install
CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-

make

make install

cd ../alsa-utils-1.0.14

./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=$PWD/install
CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux
CFLAGS=-I/home/tharma/alsa-packages/alsa-lib-1.0.14/install/include
LDFLAGS=-I/home/tharma/alsa-packages/alsa-lib-1.0.14/install/lib

make
make install

	I have got the share/alsa directory in the alsa-lib package. I have
downoaded this diretory to the /usr/share/ path in my target board. But
still the aplay application fails to open the alsa device.

Regards,
Tharmarajan G