[alsa-devel] New alsa lowlevel driver for the SE-200PCI and SE-90PCI

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Oct 9 17:58:46 CEST 2007

At Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:57:58 +0900,
sh_okada at d4.dion.ne.jp wrote:

> It tries by way of experiment by this method though how to put up Res
> is not understood.

You can simply paste the patch in a mail.
Some MUA cannot pass the text as is, and it would break the embedded
patch.  In such a case, use an attachment.

> I put the patch on my HP
> http://www.d4.dion.ne.jp/~sh_okada/misc/alsa-SE200PCI.patch.tgz
> Please take it here.

Thanks, I took a look at it.  The code itself seems almost OK.

But, before merging, please fix the coding style to follow the
standard style.  Read $LINUX_KERNEL/Documentation/CodingStyle file
first.  This describes many details.
In doubt, run scripts/checkpatch.pl script included in the recent
linux kernel tree.  It's a really picky guy, so you don't have to obey
every detail :)

Second, the mixer control names should follow standard names
(somehow).  For example, in your code,

 {"Front(green) Playback Volume"	,WM8776output	,VOLUME1,0,NULL}
,{"Surround(orange) Playback Volume"	,WM8766		,VOLUME1,1,NULL}
,{"SurroundBack(white) Playback Volume"	,WM8766		,VOLUME1,2,NULL}
,{"CenterAndSW(black) Playback Volume"	,WM8766		,VOLUME1,0,NULL}

we have standard names: Front Playback Volume, Surround Playback
Volume, Side Playback Volume, CLFE Playback Volume.  If Center and LFE
can be split, it'd be much better to have two mono controls, Center
Playback Volume and LFE Playback Volume.

thanks,