[alsa-devel] ASoC v2 on PowerPC

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Fri Oct 5 17:30:38 CEST 2007

Jon Smirl wrote:

>> A lot of the i.MX code just sits in BSPs and is never forwarded to the main
>> repositories.
>
> Aren't you fixing that?

No, I work on PowerPC only, and only some 8xxx chips.  The i.MX stuff is a
completely different group, and I only know one person who works on it, and
she's in India.

> I started looking at v2 because of the posts about modularizing it and
> using open firmware to identify and load the codecs. There doesn't
> seem to be that much difference.

My brain can only handle so much at one time. :-)

> We are on 5200 because it is cheaper and 5200 has all the peripherals
> we need. Now that I am writing code for it I see that BestComm adds a
> lot of complexity. Hopefully I can get i2s working on it, I'd hate to
> switch CPUs after doing all this work.

You might want to direct some questions to the linuxppc-dev at ozlabs.org.  Also,
if you have an IRC client, you can find a bunch of us on irc.freenode.net,
channel #mklinux.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale