[alsa-devel] HDA or AC97 for Nvidia MCP61S?

alsa-devel.20.pris at spamgourmet.com alsa-devel.20.pris at spamgourmet.com
Fri Nov 30 04:47:48 CET 2007

On 11/14/07, Takashi Iwai - tiwai at suse.de wrote:

> > as I already reported on another email I'm having problems with my sound:
> >
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/49412
>
> Did you try my suggestion?

Yes Takashi,

I finally tried your suggestion.

To be more exact, I followed the instructions at the following
address, using the newest driver version of course(1.0.15):

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto

So, I downloaded and installed 1.0.15 of alsa-driver, alsa-lib and alsa-utils.

I tried the following configurations in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base:

options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-660
options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-660-digout

Rebooted, no luck.

After that I installed the latest driver snapshot: alsa-driver-hg20071129
Note that in this case I didn't reinstall alsa-lib and alsa-utils but
kept the 1.0.15 version that I had just installed.

Results: avi files play and I hear the music sound fine, but when
people speak, it is all garbled and low volume. Again, the soundtrack
works but not the talking.

Any help is appreciated!

Roland