[alsa-devel] [PlanetCCRMA] Re: rme hdsp pcmcia (and probably pci) broken

Wed Nov 28 01:11:40 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 11:18 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 14:55 +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:45:03 -0800,
> > Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, anyone has a pcmcia rme card running? And working? With a reasonably
> > > recent alsa? (this probably applies also for the regular pci rme cards,
> > > I've had reports on the Planet CCRMA list about problems that sound
> > > similar to this one).
> > >
> > > My test setup is on fc7 running:
> > >
> > >   alsa-lib 1.0.15
> > >   alsa-tools 1.0.15
> > >   alsa-firmware 1.0.15
> > > [MUNCH]
> > > 2.6.22.10-1.rt9.1 + alsa driver modules from
> > > hg20071012
> > > --> BROKEN
> >
> > The only significant change in hdsp.c during this is the patch below.
> > Could you try to revert?
>
> Reverting the patch makes the card play sound as before, so the patch is
> definitely broken. Regretfully hdspmixer seems to no longer display the
> vu meters and changing the presets does not seem to have an effect, it
> probably needs something to be reverted as well to match?

Hmmm, I don't know why it was not working. I'm also building a new
kernel, so, with 2.6.23.9 + rt11 + alsa kernel drivers hg20071124 it
seems to work (hdspmixer displays the vu meters correctly).

But reverting this patch would break the 9652?
-- Fernando