[alsa-devel] POSIX clocks and ALSA

Heikki Lindholm holindho at cs.helsinki.fi
Mon Nov 26 08:31:10 CET 2007

Hello,

Some years ago there was some talk about UST support in Linux, but the
support never happened. With the hrtimers patch (and I'm not quite sure
if even earlier?) CLOCK_MONOTONIC would seem like a fairly good UST time
source. What I'd like to see, is a selectable clock for ALSA
timestamping, e.g. something like snd_sw_params_clock(..., clockid_t
clk). Would this seem plausible? I don't know that much about ALSA
internals, so, no idea whether different clocks on different
pcms/whatever would quickly turn into an unmanageable mess.

-- Heikki Lindholm