[alsa-devel] alsa-devel on vger

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Nov 26 08:10:28 CET 2007

At Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:27:38 +0100 (CET),
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > At Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:14:34 +0100 (CET),
> > Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> > > I'm playing with idea to redirect alsa-devel at alsa-project.org to vger and
> > > leave current mailing list (which is subscribed to vger now too). So every
> > > e-mail to this list will go through vger, and resubscription will be only
> > > choice of subscriber. Opinions?
> >
> > A couple of things:
> >
> > - the official address (on kernel tree and wiki) should be vger, not
> >   alsa-project.org, and promote to re-subscribe.
>
> Changing e-mail address of list is something I don't want.
> The official e-mail address for alsa-devel mailing list was always
> alsa-devel at alsa-project.org (even in time when this list was on
> sourceforge). Unfortunately, vger mailing list does not accept simple
> redirected e-mails from alsa-devel at alsa-project.org so I postponed any
> actions.
>
> > - open alsa-project.org list again.  I'll stop list admin works.
>
> I tried to count some statistics and at the time spamassassin and
> mailman filtering rules catch 92% of spam messages coming to alsa-devel.
> Unfortunately remaining 8% means 20 spam messages daily (without
> moderation). Could moderators confirm this value?

The problem is rather the nature of subscribers-only list.  It
requires approval if any non-list user posts.  So when the list is
CC'ed, you'll need more approval works and loose the synchronism.

BTW, it seems that some my posts have been lost in a day that
alsa-devel ML stopped.  The above quoted post seems not delivered
unless you were on Cc...