[alsa-devel] alsa-devel on vger

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Sun Nov 25 20:06:31 CET 2007

On 25-11-07 19:27, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>> A couple of things:
>>
>> - the official address (on kernel tree and wiki) should be vger, not
>>   alsa-project.org, and promote to re-subscribe.
>
> Changing e-mail address of list is something I don't want.
> The official e-mail address for alsa-devel mailing list was always
> alsa-devel at alsa-project.org (even in time when this list was on
> sourceforge). Unfortunately, vger mailing list does not accept simple
> redirected e-mails from alsa-devel at alsa-project.org so I postponed any
> actions.

I can sort of sympathise with wanting to keep the name, but well, Takashi is
the most productive person in ALSA and I'd say that lessening his burdens is
quite a priority in itself, so what need be, need be.

I myself said that I don't terribly mind the moderating, but I certainly
wouldn't miss it either. I originally volunteered for a few weeks...

Possible to arrange with David Miller that the old name will still work?

>> - open alsa-project.org list again.  I'll stop list admin works.
>
> I tried to count some statistics and at the time spamassassin and
> mailman filtering rules catch 92% of spam messages coming to alsa-devel.
> Unfortunately remaining 8% means 20 spam messages daily (without
> moderation). Could moderators confirm this value?

No, has too be significantly more, although it varies somewhat per day. But
I alone moderate out more than that on average and I'm not alone. Are there
no "discarded messages" statistic available from the moderation interface?

Rene.