[alsa-devel] [lennart at poettering.net: Status of ALSA "simple" mixer interface]

Clemens Ladisch cladisch at fastmail.net
Wed Nov 21 16:23:48 CET 2007

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > aplay -L suggest to use "surround71:" (and *only* that) as plugin for my
> > usb webcam that only has a single mono channel.  What's going wrong?
> > Any idea where I should be looking?
>
> Since it's a USB device, maybe Clemens has a better clue...

USB-Audio.conf defines all the surround devices because there are some
devices that actually use them.  I could understand if "aplay -L" shows
all the default device names _including_ surround71.

I'm not sure how the device name list gets constructed; AFAICT the card-
specific .conf files are not supposed to define hints.

Regards,
Clemens