[alsa-devel] No sound on Intel DQ965GF motherboard

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 09:50:53 CET 2007

On 11/16/07, Eric S. Raymond <esr at snark.thyrsus.com> wrote:
> Thank you, alsa developers, for the prompt resolution of my previous
> sound issue with the Thinkpad X61.  Unfortunately, I've now turned up
> an apparently different problem on very similar hardware.
>
> Sound doesn't work on my DQ965GF motherboard under Ubuntu 7.10.
> Here's what I've found out about it.  I'm writing in hope that someone
> on the ALSA devel list can suggest diagnostics to pin down the problem
> exactly.
>
> The device has PCI ID [8086:284b] (rev 02).  It is an Intel 82801H.

According to intel site this board has a STAC9227 the same audio codec I have
on my intel DG965RY

Does 2.6.23 work for you?

Accidentally I introduced a error in this driver thus very similar to
yours issue
was present on few systems.
It is fixed in 2.6.24-rc1
So, what kernel fails?

Can you try 2.6.24-rc2

Best regards,
       Maxim Levitsky

PS:
I don't have the DG965RY motherboard temporarely since it decided
to break, thus I am waiting for replacement board, and can't use
my new PC :-(