[alsa-devel] Moderated list (Was: Re: [BUG] New Kernel Bugs)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Nov 14 09:25:54 CET 2007

At Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:01:31 -0800 (PST),
David Miller wrote:

> From: David Miller <davem at davemloft.net>
> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 03:56:57 -0800 (PST)
>
> > The fact that it farts at me every time I post to this thread.
>
> See?  I got another one and I have received at least 10 of the
> following over the past 2 days.
>
> That's rediculious.
>
> And because a human adds the whitelist this is always going to
> happen to someone when they start posting to the alsa list for
> the first time.

... if you give too many recipients in your post.  That is often
really annoying thing to me, together with keeping the unrelated
subject line ;)

I personally don't care whether it's a moderated or open list.
We chose it simply due to too bad S/N ratio at that time.  So, if the
current list annoys your or many others and the list management on
vger is so good, it'd be basically a good move, of course.  I'll
appreciate it.

The only confusion would be the change of ML address, but we can do it
slowly, too.