[alsa-devel] HDA Intel SigmaTel STAC9228 in Dell Vostro 1400 defines different pin nids

Ivan N. Zlatev contact at i-nz.net
Sun Nov 11 23:12:39 CET 2007

Hello,

I've bought a new laptop Dell Vostro 1400 with the following audio card:

00:1b.0 Audio device [Class 0403]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8
Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 02)

and with the SigmaTel Codec:

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9228
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x83847616
Subsystem Id: 0x10280227
Revision Id: 0x100201

I was able to get sound to come out of the internal speakers by
explicitly specifying either the 3stack or the dell-3stack models with
alsa 1.0.14 . Unfortunately with neither of those does the internal
microphone work.

Now I am running ALSA HG and have decided to try and fix my problem by
adding the proper pinconfig for my card (this is what I've done before
for my Mac and it worked). I downloaded the win32 drivers which
include all pinconfigs for all Dell machines with intel hda cards. The
problem I am facing is that the win32 driver .ini provides a
configuration for 13 pins which do not match the ones in
patch_sigmatel.c . The ones in ALSA are:

static hda_nid_t stac922x_pin_nids[10] = {
	0x0a, 0x0b, 0x0c, 0x0d, 0x0e,
	0x0f, 0x10, 0x11, 0x15, 0x1b,
};

Where as the ones defined by the driver are [1]:
0x0a, 0x0b, 0x0c, 0x0d, 0x0e, 0x0f, 0x10, 0x11, 0x12, 0x13, 0x14, 0x21, 0x22

So I am wondering how should I approach this?

I have attached my codec info and mixer output without the model to be
specified.

[1] win32 driver pinconfigs

[HKR\Settings\pin]
[HKR\Settings\Pin\0A]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x02211210
AltCfg = hex: 20,12,11,02
Action = hex: 80,00,87,00,81,0D
[HKR\Settings\Pin\0B]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400003FA
[HKR\Settings\Pin\0C]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400003FB
[HKR\Settings\Pin\0D]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x90170310
ExtAmpCtrl = hex: 02,05,02
[HKR\Settings\Pin\0E]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x0281103E
Bias = hex: FF,04,02
AltCfg = hex: 31,10,A1,02,22,10,11,02
Action = hex: 0A,0E
[HKR\Settings\Pin\0F]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x0221122F
AltCfg = hex: 21,12,11,02
Action = hex: 80,00,87,00,81,0D
[HKR\Settings\Pin\10]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400003FC
[HKR\Settings\Pin\11]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400003FD
[HKR\Settings\Pin\12]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400003FE
[HKR\Settings\Pin\13]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x90A60330
[HKR\Settings\Pin\14]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400003FF
[HKR\Settings\Pin\21]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x04441340
[HKR\Settings\Pin\22]
CfgDflt = dword: 0x40C003F1
[HKR\Settings\GPIO]
02 					= hex: 0x82

--
Ivan N. Zlatev

Web: http://www.i-nZ.net
"It's all some kind of whacked out conspiracy."