[alsa-devel] Getting XRUN after writei in RUNNING state?

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sat Nov 10 12:46:40 CET 2007

Hi Jaroslav,

Just to let you know I'm running this on Ubuntu 7.10
(alsa-lib-1.0.14), though I've been seeing this underrun problem for a
while on a few systems (Ubuntu 7.04/6.10, and Gentoo 2006.1). It
hasn't been clear to me what the key parameters are that control
underrun behaviour. (It would be great if someone wrote a
comprehensive book/article on ALSA....)

BTW you mentioned doing the rate resampling in RAT - which it can do -
how does one discover if rate conversion is occurring in ALSA and
obtain that 'base' rate? (Though I has assumed that ALSA would do the
better job of rate resampling if it was necessary...).

Thanks,

Piers.