[alsa-devel] [ASoc] TDM over one SSC channel on AT91 possible?

Friedrich Lobenstock f.lobenstock at scottygroup.com
Fri Nov 9 12:37:00 CET 2007

Hello!

The background:   I'm just designing an ATMEL AT91RM9200 based board which
                  got two TLV320AIC33 on board. It is either possible
to hook up the two TLV320AIC33 to a separate SSC (synchronous serial
control) channel each or use one SSC channel and configure it for TDM (time
division multiplex) mode. There is already a driver for
TLV320AIC14k/TLV320AIC2k in the development tree, so adding support for the
TLV320AIC33 should be feasible.

What I'm not sure about is the fact if ASOC is prepared for using channels,
especially SSC, in TDM mode. Is the core ASOC structure prepared to handle
that?

Would we be better off instantiate one drive twice each time with different
parameters for the SSC channel?

Thanks for any feedback.

--
MfG / Regards