[alsa-devel] underruns and strange code in pcm_rate.c (and patch)

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Thu Nov 8 21:06:15 CET 2007

Stas Sergeev wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I spent 4 week-ends debugging the
> constant underruns and lock-ups with
> the libao-based programs.

I think I'm seeing the same problem.  When I play certain video files with
mplayer and "-ao oss", the video plays much faster than normal, the audio cuts
out, and my audio driver gets called the STOP command at the end of a period.

See my thread, "Any OSS changes from kernel 2.6.21 to 2.6.23? Something broke.",
although I no longer believe that this is a problem only with newer kernels.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale