[alsa-devel] Upgrading alsa drivers. current and hg from suse site

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Fri Nov 2 22:33:43 CET 2007

I try to help folks now and then with sound problems. I don't have an hda
intel card, but try to point folks in the right direction to get help.

Question:
I've sorted out the upgrading of the alsa driver on Fedora, Archlinux, and
Debian, even though I don't need too, as my audigy2 soundblaster, and on the
other machine, an ensoniq (ens1371) are fine. this was from the latest 1.0.15
release at http://alsa-project.org.

My question is to do with the nightly hg releases obtainable from.
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/alsa/snapshot/driver/

Will these install using the same ./configure, make, (su to root), then make
install, as with upgrading to the current 1.0.15 version from.
http://alsa-project.org.

Sorry if this is a trivial question, but I don't want to give bad information
to folks looking for help.

I've only recently subscribed to the alsa-devel list, and hadn't realised how
much effort was being put in to resolve soundcard problems, particularly hda
intel ones.

Great work folks. I'm not clued up enough to help out, but do appreciate your
hard work.

Nigel.