[alsa-devel] Power management state flow in ALSA

Nobin Mathew nobin.mathew at gmail.com
Wed May 30 12:46:35 CEST 2007

It is there in kernel see the file sound/core/pcm_native.c. but it is
static, not exported.

So no driver can call directly, may be only Ioctl.
I got it.

#ifdef CONFIG_PM
/* resume */

static int snd_pcm_pre_resume(struct snd_pcm_substream *substream, int state)
{
	struct snd_pcm_runtime *runtime = substream->runtime;
	if (!(runtime->info & SNDRV_PCM_INFO_RESUME))
		return -ENOSYS;
	runtime->trigger_master = substream;
	return 0;
}

static int snd_pcm_do_resume(struct snd_pcm_substream *substream, int state)
{
	struct snd_pcm_runtime *runtime = substream->runtime;
	if (runtime->trigger_master != substream)
		return 0;
	/* DMA not running previously? */
	if (runtime->status->suspended_state != SNDRV_PCM_STATE_RUNNING &&
	    (runtime->status->suspended_state != SNDRV_PCM_STATE_DRAINING ||
	     substream->stream != SNDRV_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK))
		return 0;
	return substream->ops->trigger(substream, SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_RESUME);
}

static void snd_pcm_undo_resume(struct snd_pcm_substream *substream, int state)
{
	if (substream->runtime->trigger_master == substream &&
	    snd_pcm_running(substream))
		substream->ops->trigger(substream, SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_SUSPEND);
}

static void snd_pcm_post_resume(struct snd_pcm_substream *substream, int state)
{
	struct snd_pcm_runtime *runtime = substream->runtime;
	snd_pcm_trigger_tstamp(substream);
	if (substream->timer)
		snd_timer_notify(substream->timer, SNDRV_TIMER_EVENT_MRESUME,
				 &runtime->trigger_tstamp);
	runtime->status->state = runtime->status->suspended_state;
	if (runtime->sleep_min)
		snd_pcm_tick_prepare(substream);
}

static struct action_ops snd_pcm_action_resume = {
	.pre_action = snd_pcm_pre_resume,
	.do_action = snd_pcm_do_resume,
	.undo_action = snd_pcm_undo_resume,
	.post_action = snd_pcm_post_resume
};

static int snd_pcm_resume(struct snd_pcm_substream *substream)
{
	struct snd_card *card = substream->pcm->card;
	int res;

	snd_power_lock(card);
	if ((res = snd_power_wait(card, SNDRV_CTL_POWER_D0)) >= 0)
		res = snd_pcm_action_lock_irq(&snd_pcm_action_resume, substream, 0);
	snd_power_unlock(card);
	return res;
}

#else

static int snd_pcm_resume(struct snd_pcm_substream *substream)
{
	return -ENOSYS;
}

#endif /* CONFIG_PM */