[alsa-devel] Next steps

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue May 29 18:43:03 CEST 2007

At Tue, 29 May 2007 09:55:22 -0500 (CDT),
chris at idlelion.net wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> I'm trying to work on issue 305, suspend/resume for cs46xx.
>
> I'm running CentOS 5, so I'd like to work on what's current for that
> distribution first, and patch to latest if needed after that.
>
> I think I have the correct source package, but the only mention of cs46xx
> I could find in the source is a configuration file. Running make doesn't
> make the cs46xx module, AFAICT.
>
> Which source (package)(s) should I have?

The driver codes are usually included in the kernel source tree.  What
you've seen are the alsa-lib and alsa-utils packages, I guess.

Anyway, if you want to debug the driver, build the alsa driver
externally from the latest ALSA HG tree.  So, there is no
corresponding "distro packages" at all.