[alsa-devel] Suggestion for getting alsa to use Conexant

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Fri May 25 18:37:44 CEST 2007

Just out of curiosity, has anyone with these codecs tried the linuxant
software?  I looked at it briefly, and they are modifying my
patch_conexant.c driver.  Some of the changes I may include in the main
alsa driver (hey, I wrote the bulk, so why not), some of it would never
pass kernel coding style.

I am kind of peeved that they don't bother to communicate with the alsa
team, instead they take all of the hda code and hack it up, adding their
copyright info to the code header (see header patch attached).  Takashi,
what's your take on this?

Tobin