[alsa-devel] [ALSA] ALSA Power Management, Drivers behaving unexpectedly after suspend/resume cycle

Nobin Mathew nobin.mathew at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:57:10 CEST 2007

I am implementing power management in my ALSA sound drivers. ALSA
drivers are not working properly after resume. All registers values
are proper and I am able to read back the codec register contents.

If I do a playback after resume then I am getting lots of "underrun".

After a reboot playback is working fine.

Is there any known issues with ALSA power  management?
Why Ubuntu and Redhat does ALSA modules removal before suspend and
insertion after resume?