[alsa-devel] bios update alters hda-intel and alsamixer

Chris Pemberton cjpembo at gmail.com
Wed May 23 06:55:55 CEST 2007

After updating the bios on a Lenovo notebook, my hda-intel sound "changed"

Before the bios update I used kernel 2.6.20.3, external
alsa-driver-1.0.14rc3 and the attached patch_realtek.c (in-kernel alsa
wouldn't work)

After the bios update I use just the alsa contained in kernel 2.6.20.3.

Before bios update, my mixer contained many items:  including master,
front, mic, pcm, etc.

Now it only contains master and pcm.

So, I have a few questions:

How can I determine what items are "supposed" to show up in alsamixer?

Where can I submit my laptop soundcard information to help finalize
support of this model/card?

Thank you