[alsa-devel] Broken JACK plugin in alsa-plugins and a way to fix it.

Jasiu kiputnik at gmail.com
Sat May 19 15:44:45 CEST 2007

Hi.

I want to note that JACK plugin in alsa-plugins in broken. (At least
on my two systems.) It just plays for a few seconds and then stops
hanging the application that was sending data to it. When it hangs
jackd spits out this:

subgraph starting at alsa-jack.jackP.3635.0 timed out
(subgraph_wait_fd=7, status = 0, state = Running)

What I want to note is that there is a fix to that and I would like it
to be included in the tree. I'm not sure if it doesn't break anything
else, but it works for me ok.

Open pcm_jack.c and on the line 146 you'll find:

write(jack->fd, buf, 1); /* for polling */

Deleting this seems to get rid of the problem.
So please if you can patch this out. (I didn't make a patch myself
since this is so tiny fix that it isn't really worth.)

Cheers.