[alsa-devel] submitting a patch against the ALSA repos

Adrian McMenamin adrianmcmenamin at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:16:26 CEST 2007

I have submitted my patch against the 2.6.21 kernel tree but I dare
say I need to actually submit it against the alsa repos.

I have a few questions:

1. Which set of sources do I patch - I assume alsa-driver - is that right?

2. How do I patch the firmware repo? As it is a binary I assume it is
by some means other than patch(1)

3. This is a new architecture - there are no other SuperH drivers in
alsa (afaik) - how do I add a new architecture? My memory is that when
I tried this a year ago it was a bit of a nightmare.