[alsa-devel] Can someone verify support for "AzTech Sound Galaxy Nova 16 Extra II-3D - using AZT-2316/R Chipset - FCC-ID:I38-MMSN846" ?

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Thu May 17 01:47:24 CEST 2007

On 05/15/2007 12:16 PM, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:

> Like you said yourself, there are a lot of different Sound Galaxy cards,
> not all of which are CS42xx compatible. Perhaps be a bit more specific as to
> which ones are expected to work (or not work) with the driver.

It's starting to look like I'll be able to support all sound galaxies with
this one driver (pnp provides for a different set of entry points so merging
azt2320 is also not going to be a problem) where only the very, very first
(including your NX pro) would only allow SBB mode. Yes, it then makes more
sense to just use snd-sb8, but hey...

My I38-MMSN803 already includes an AD1848 (AZT-NXPMIX0592 and AZTSSPT0592 as
the other chips) and I know it drives AZT1605, AZT2316A and AZT2316R...

If it's "all Sound Galaxies except maybe some of the very first 8-bit cards"
then I feel snd-galaxy is an okay name (snd-aztech isn't, since aztech has
since then also made PCI cards) but yes, I need to do some further testing
and probing on different cards before it's final.

Rene