[alsa-devel] ICE1712/1724 HW mixing?

Alan Horstmann gineera at aspect135.co.uk
Wed May 16 10:27:40 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 02:24, Rene Herman wrote:
> Good day.
>
> I've been updating the TerraTec vendor page in the new wiki matrix:
>
> http://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Terratec
>
> The problem with information that looks maintained though is that when
> something's _not_ mentioned, it might be interpreted to mean it's not
> actually working....
>
> I have the older TerraTec cards (both ISA and PCI) but not any of the
> ICE1712/ICE1724 ones. Could someone verify/confirm that the ICE1712
> (Envy24?) does not support 24-bit samples?
>
> And that ICE1724 supports only 32-bit in hardware?
>
> Does either chip/driver support hardware mixing?
>
> Filling out some of the Digital I/O tags for any Aureon card that you know
> would be nice as well.
>
> Rene.

My understanding was that ice1712 data format is always 24-bit 'loose-packed'
into 32-bits (ie with 0's added), the ice1724 is probably the same?  That is
what the Terratec DMX6fire handbook also says.  The chipset is 24-bit/96Khz
capable.  Hardware mixing of 10 inputs and 10 outputs is provided.  In the
notes, it is probably worth mentioning Envy24control, a mixing/control tool
dedicated to this chipset?

The DMX6fire has both optical and phono SPDIF connectors, and a wavetable
connector in the front box (for use with DB50XG etc), and works fine since
1.0.12.

Regards  Alan