[alsa-devel] e-mu 1212m and 1820(m) patch

Ctirad Fertr c.fertr at volny.cz
Sat May 12 12:02:52 CEST 2007

Dne sobota 12 květen 2007 10:46 James Courtier-Dutton napsal(a):
> Nice work. Did you manage to do this from just the comments I had placed
> in the source code, or did you use some other method?

I learned most part form the register names in emu10k1.h. They are quite self
explaining.

> I would like to put enough comments in the source code so others, like
> yourself, can add functionality that I have not had time to.

It would be nice.  There is another developer, Dustin, who I meet at local
linux forum. He tries to find a way how to add more 24 bit capture channels
then 8.  It is confusing, as we don't have enough informations about
connections between Hana and emu10k2. We belive EMU32 buses are 32bit and not
16 bit.  The windows driver can record from (at least) 16 channels, anyway.
Multichannel playback needs to be fixed as well.  We need a help or at least a
hint from you as you are only person who have datasheets.

Regards,

Ctirad