[alsa-devel] Mackie XD-2 Spike USB Drivers for Linux

Sava Tatic tictactatic at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:49:01 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have been trying to get the Mackie XD-2 Spike
(http://www.mackie.com/products/spike/) to work on my Kubuntu Feisty machine,
and so far I have only gotten it to play out (I had to use plughw instead of
hw). I am using the generic USB drivers that came with the distro. I am
having trouble recording anything on the card. Alsamixer (or Kmix) do not see
the card. When I do alsamixer -c 1 (0 is my onboard card), it returns "no
mixer elems found".

I am aware that this card is not in the ALSA Matrix of supported cards, but I
am wondering what would it take for it to become supported?

All the best,

Sava