[alsa-devel] Can someone verify support for "AzTech Sound Galaxy Nova 16 Extra II-3D - using AZT-2316/R Chipset - FCC-ID:I38-MMSN846" ?

ramkromberg at mail.com ramkromberg at mail.com
Mon May 7 07:46:04 CEST 2007

Hello alsa devs,
I have an old "AzTech Sound Galaxy Nova 16 Extra II-3D - using AZT-2316/R
Chipset - FCC-ID:I38-MMSN846" which I know to work on windows 2000
natively and on other windows using drivers from
http://www.aztech.com/support_download_soundcard01.html, however, I was
unsuccessful in using it in linux ( I tried many dists, but my most
recent failure was with xubuntu 7.04 which have the most recent alsa).
I believe the card is unsupported in alsa and I was hoping someone might
be free to help me with this legacy card ?
Since the card is unsupported I figured this should go the devs.

* Their is this piece of code which might be relevant:
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/lxr/source/sound/isa/azt2320.c

 21     This driver should provide support for most Aztech AZT2320 based
cards.
 22     Several AZT2316 chips are also supported/tested, but autoprobe
doesn't
 23     work: all module option have to be set.

* I'm unsure of what it means to configure manually or how to do so...
I do however have the card working currently with windows 2000 so if its
a question of IRQ and DMA, I can find those with relative ease.

* I obviously tried modprobeing the snd-sgalaxy driver/module, with no
success - possibly related ?

Thanks
Ram Kromberg
ramkromberg at mail.com