[alsa-devel] Getting Started on Alsa

Ash Willis ashwillis at programmer.net
Mon May 7 00:25:57 CEST 2007

Hi Chris,

> I'd like to take action on bug #305, since it's my own itch. I've done very
> low-level programming, but not on Linux device drivers. I'm very familiar
> with command line development tools.

If you're not familiar with drivers or audio drivers in particular then reading
Writing an ALSA Driver by Takashi Iwai might be a good place to start.

You're referring to the suspend/resume bug in the cs46xx driver, right?
Maybe try dumping all the registers while it's working and dumping them while
it's broken and comparing the two sets of data?

I guess the suspend function is doing something that it shouldn't be, or the
resume function isn't doing something that it should be...good luck on finding
out what that is.