[alsa-devel] Aureon 7.1 Firewire supported by ALSA ?

Michael Gerdau mgd at technosis.de
Fri May 4 08:08:16 CEST 2007

Hi list,

looking for an external (USB or Firewire) interface to record at
least a single stereo 44.1kHz/24bit S/P-DIF signal I've come
across the Aureon 7.1 Firewire but have not been able to find out
whether it is already supported by ALSA.

Another option would be the Aureon 5.1 USB MKII but according to
the specs it is 16bit only. However when feeding S/P-DIF with a
stereo 44.1kHz/24bit would the driver be recognize that and give
me that signal unaltered or would it be trimmed to 16bit ?
[Or is my understanding of S/P-DIF just plain wrong and such a
signal would not go through the box at all ?]

Any advice welcome, best,
Michael

--
 Technosis GmbH, Geschäftsführer: Michael Gerdau, Tobias Dittmar
 Sitz Hamburg; HRB 89145 Amtsgericht Hamburg
 Michael Gerdau       email: mgd at technosis.de