[alsa-devel] Newb wants to fix snd_cs46xx driver

chris at idlelion.net chris at idlelion.net
Thu May 3 00:03:46 CEST 2007

There's been a bug on this chip's driver for at least four years.

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=305

There are two ThinkPad 600X's in my home that have the problem. The chip
is also in the ThinkPad A20m, A20p, A21m, A21p, A22m, A22p, T20, T21 and
T22... and probably other brands as well.

In the 600X, it happens to be paired with a CS4297A... hey, should I just
try to get Linux to use that? (I use Fedora BTW.) How would I try to do
that?

Or... better still... how would I get either the '97A driver installed
automatically by soundcard detection, or failing that, actually fix the
driver? (I am a software developer who has written machine code for fun.)

Thanks,
Chris