[alsa-devel] alsa driver api

Michel Benoit murpme at gmail.com
Wed May 2 19:40:29 CEST 2007

Hi

Does anyone have some code examples that show how to send pcm samples
directly to an alsa driver.  I'm (still) having trouble building/using
alsa-lib and I want to make sure that my driver works correctly. If I
understand correctly it is possible to send sound samples using the
alsa driver api only (no alsa-lib).

All I want to do for now is send a fixed sine wave to the driver. I
saw some code snippets that seemed to do just that in a recent email
on this list but it would help a lot if I could have a look at the
complete application.

Thanks,

Michel