[alsa-devel] Alsa OSS - who is maintaining it?

Carlo Florendo subscribermail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:59:38 CEST 2007

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:08:09 +0200 (CEST),
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>>> Did you try other drivers, such as usb-audio?
>> I did not.
> Then try it if you have one.
>>> And, you're using user-space alsa-oss wrapper (e.g. via aoss wrapper),
>>> right?  The user-space emulation and kernel-space emulation are
>>> totally different, so I have to know what you actually tried.
>> I'm only using the in kernel translation.
> Then try aoss, too.

I'm new to sound progamming in Linux.  If OSS is already obsoleted by ALSA,
why is OSS still maintained?

Best Regards,

Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator
Astra Philippines Inc.
UP-Ayala Technopark, Diliman 1101, Quezon City

The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City
Tokyo 206-0011, Japan