[alsa-devel] snd-es1968 capture broken

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 00:59:27 CEST 2007

On 03/26/2007 05:15 PM, Rene Herman wrote:

> [ snd-es1968 capture stuttering on es1970ms-3d ]
>
>> Please try the latest alsa-lib first, then let's chase the bug.
>
> Upgraded everything to 1.0.14-rc3 (weeee, db gains -- no more thumbing
> datasheets to get at the 0 dB levels) and the problem is still present
> unfortunately.

To check it's not hardware, I tried on Windows (98) where it works fine.
  It does happen in Linux with Line, CD and Mix capture sources. Using
arecord -M does not help, nor removing SNDRV_PCM_INFO_BLOCK_TRANSFER
from snd_es1968_capture (just as some various datapoints).

Unfortunately I don't a different snd-es1968 card to test with; this is
a TerraTec DMX.

Rene.