[alsa-devel] Support for Compal EL81 (Intel HDA/Realtek alc883)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Mar 26 14:56:53 CEST 2007

At Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:25:42 +0100,
Carlo E. Prelz wrote:

> As you can see, I did various tests with possible 'alc_config_preset'
> structures.  I could only copy from other existing examples, since I have no
> idea how you would obtain the correct values to insert there. With the first
> example, the only one that is commented in (copied from LAPTOP_EAPD), I could
> obtain a working microphone boost. The thing is far from  perfect, though.
> Suffice to say that I find the main volume in the cursor labeled 'Surround'
> in alsamixer.
>
> Is there any instruction about how to obtain the right information to
> configure this laptop of mine? Can you help? In this case, what other
> information may I provide?

Most likely the pin configurations are completely different from other
devices with ALC883.  In such a case, we'd need to create another
mixer elements and init verbs.

Please show /proc/asound/card0/codec#* files to figure out the default
pin configs.  Also, build with --with-debug=detect, load with
model=auto option, and check the kernel message.  It will show the pin
detection information.