[alsa-devel] Where is _snd_pcm defined?

intellij intellij at yandex.ru
Thu Mar 22 15:27:59 CET 2007

Hello,

I have gone through all the source codes to wee the definition of snd_pcm_t and see that it is defined

typedef struct _snd_pcm snd_pcm_t;

But is has many fields inside! At least, name and fast_ops pointers should be there. I do not understand where are they hiding.

Actually, I am an alsa user. However, the system occasionaly hangs on writing into the buffer (because the consumption stops). For this reason, I'm looking for the features for hacking the system. I have an idea of turning the printfs on/of in runtime by a shared flag. I could put the pointer to the flag into pcm, so that my application could modify it and the library functions would check it before printing the traces.

Thank you.