[alsa-devel] [Alsa-devel] Quality resampling code for libasound

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Mar 21 15:19:18 CET 2007

> Yes (not alsa-specific but less speex-specific),

Outside of the spx_int* types, what are the speex-specific bits that
bother you?

> once if it's merged
> to alsa-lib tree.  (The code can't be applied to the tree as it is,
> BTW, because it must be LGPL, as we discussed...)

Is a COPYING file OK or do you need headers (in which case, what's the
smallest header that can be added?)?

> Yes, but if the code is in another tree, it's actually a fork.
> Having codes that may be frequently changed in multiple places is
> already a risky action from the maintenance POV, regardless of the
> coding style.  That's what I'd like to avoid.

Then the solution would be to just copy from the Speex tree once in a
while and get the fixes there first. You can always have an automated
formatting tool that you run after importing a new version. Overall, I
really see no reason why you'd want to modify the resampler in the first
place -- other than fixing bugs, which should go in the Speex tree anyway.

	Jean-Marc