[alsa-devel] hda-Intel Realtek ALC883 chipset support

Adriano Grassi califalcon at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 05:13:29 CEST 2007

Hi guys I have sound on different linux distro's however only the
spdif/headphone share output, no sound from the internal speakers

I have been trying to get this work for the last 5 days no success.

So i was wondering if the support for this chipset is in place.
I even tried the lastest candidate release alsa files 14rc4 with no
luck, this is a high definition audio card with multiple outputs analog
and digital and i have tried everything i can think of with no success,
I tried multiple distro's with the same result, I don't this it is a
driver issue is probably more like a configuration issue.

Can anyone help me figure this one out.

Thanks.

 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xd2300000 irq 98
  2:        : timer
  3: [ 0- 2]: digital audio playback
  4: [ 0- 1]: digital audio capture
  5: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
  6: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
  7: [ 0]   : control
  8:        : sequencer
cat: /proc/asound/Intel: Is a directory
 0 snd_hda_intel
cat: /proc/asound/oss: Is a directory
00-02: ALC883 Digital : ALC883 Digital : playback 1
00-01: ALC883 Analog : ALC883 Analog : capture 2
00-00: ALC883 Analog : ALC883 Analog : playback 1 : capture 2
cat: /proc/asound/seq: Is a directory
G0: system timer : 4000.000us (10000000 ticks)
P0-0-0: PCM playback 0-0-0 : SLAVE
P0-0-1: PCM capture 0-0-1 : SLAVE
P0-0-3: PCM capture 0-0-3 : SLAVE
P0-1-1: PCM capture 0-1-1 : SLAVE
P0-1-3: PCM capture 0-1-3 : SLAVE
P0-2-0: PCM playback 0-2-0 : SLAVE
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.12rc1 (Thu Jun 22
13:55:50 2006 UTC).