[alsa-devel] ALSA Application Programming Questions

Paul Kavan pkavan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 22:41:38 CEST 2007

Hello all:

I have been working on getting ALSA to work on my at91sam9260 with a simple
voice codec for a few weeks. For the most part, I have my ARM board
producing nice audio with aplay/arecord. Now I need a custom application
that will allow me to create an 'intercom' like device with my ARM board. I
am planning on writing the application as I do not think there is something
out there that will accomplish what I want.

I am really new to ALSA--as some of you know--and, as such, have never
written an application for ALSA. I have found the ALSA driver api page on
the alsa site. Wondering if there is any other good documentation on writing
alsa applications?

Any advice is greatly appreciated as well. One of my concerns is building
the applications against the libs. I have the libs on my target machine. As
my host machine has a version of my rfs on it, the libs are there as well.
Just wondering how to accomplish cross-compiling new apps. I suppose I could
copy the libs into the directory with my cross-compiling tools.

Again, any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Paul

--