[alsa-devel] at91 SoC Modifications

Liam Girdwood lg at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Jun 26 00:43:17 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 16:51 -0500, Paul Kavan wrote:

> I want to look through the SoC code to where the SSC is
> activated/reset so I can try to determine what is happening. I know
> the SSC works well with this codec and want to figure out what I need
> to do to modify the code to make it happen with ALSA as well. I hate
> the idea of going back to the drawing board and trying to write my
> driver so that it uses the PDC, but the ALSA SoC is simply not working
> well enough yet with the at91sam9260.

Have you compared the difference between you polling driver SSC + codec
settings to the SoC driver after trigger() ?

Any differences may indicate a reason for capture not working.

Also, please make sure that there is only 1 master driving each BCLK/LRC
and that it's input clock source is running. Another thing to check is
that SSC capture is set up to run async to SSC playback.

Liam