[alsa-devel] $1000 bounty for getting audio working under linux on a Osprey 440

Nathan Allen Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Mon Jun 25 03:00:53 CEST 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Did you try the digital input and the three analog inputs?

Analong inputs are all tied to ground, so no, you don't get anything on
them. I got nothing on digital inputs until I figured out the GPIO by
booting in windows and checking it out with a logic probe.

modprobe bttv card=140 bttv_gpio=1 bttv_verbose=2 bttv_debug=1 gpiomask=0x000303 audioall=0xFFFCFC

The above will let you get audio, but gain is very high by default. The
gain is controlled via the Altera X9221 on address 0x50. I am not sure how
to add support for alsa, but I found old btaudio drivers from viewcast
that are out of date and no longer supported.

ftp://ftp.viewcast.com/pub/OSP-MM/Linux/latest

-Nathan