[alsa-devel] at91 SoC Modifications

Paul Kavan pkavan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 17:53:45 CEST 2007

I just don't think it is a hardware problem. I a polling ssc driver that
works very nicely for this codec. However, it is polling and I do not want
to rely on it when I have more of a load on the processor.

I have the machine/codec code and at91-ssc.c configured so that the
registers and gpio should be set up identical to what I had before and it is
not generating a proper sync signal with arecord. When I do strace on
arecord it hangs at this first line before finishing.

ioctl(4, 0x800c4151, 0xbed9cc34)        = -1 EIO (Input/output error)
write(2, "arecord", 7arecord)                  = 7
write(2, ": ", 2: )                       = 2
write(2, "pcm_read", 8pcm_read)                 = 8
write(2, ":", 1:)                        = 1
write(2, "1346", 41346)                     = 4
write(2, ": ", 2: )                       = 2
write(2, "read error: ", 12read error: )            = 12
write(2, "Input/output error", 18Input/output error)      = 18
write(2, "\n", 1
)                       = 1
exit(1)                                 = ?

Does anyone know what this line is doing? I think it might give a clue. The
sync line still ripples at about .3V peak to peak with f=256k (Bit Clock
Rate).

Frank: I modified the machine code so that RF0 and RK0 are set in the gpio.
The only differences are that the sync line no longer tri-states after going
trying to record and instead of seeing the ripple around 3V it is now around
200 mV.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Paul