[alsa-devel] Help with SoC alsa.conf

Paul Kavan pkavan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 18:23:23 CEST 2007

Some more progress to report. I created a raw file from data recommended in
the data sheet for my codec to produce 0dBm0 output for u-law. Essentially,
I created 80k samples of the repeating pattern:

{0x1E, 0x0B, 0x0B, 0x1E, 0x9E, 0x8B, 0x8B, 0x9E}

which according to the datasheet should produce a 1020 Hz sine wave at
2.2V,pp. Both the bare bones and default
alsa.conf files do this. So, this gives me confidence that my machine/codec
driver works as desired. So, I think it is simply a matter of getting my
alsa.conf working.

I will keep digging and see if I can determine why it is not working, but I
am not sure what I am looking for.

Paul
--
Paul David Kavan